Sunday, January 23, 2011

Light at the End


Immediately following my interview the editor at Afterimage signed me on as an intern. I've already started working and have done some copy editing and (get ready now) writing for the magazines' webpage. It's an obituary for a photographer named Milton Rogovin... so true, it's a small piece, but a piece nonetheless... and also a piece about an amazing person who had an amazing life. I was very happy to have been given the assignment.

There is much yet to learn still and I'm excited to dive right in and do everything that I can while i'm with Afterimage. Tomorrow classes start again and I can't wait to get this last semester (well, almost last semester) over with. I'm ready to get my life started.

The work situation will be a bit different this semester, due to the time i'll be putting in to the internship. I'll be picking up a few extra hours at perkins, but unfortunately I have to dump wegmans... sort of. They told me that it would probably be best to work one day a week for even just a few hours to keep my foot in the door if I want to come back and get hours in the summer, which will probably be a part of the plan. So Thursday mornings i'll be at wegmans, but no more time than that. I could conceivable work both jobs and do the internship (and school) but because I want to do my best at everything I do, I feel that if I did all four at once I couldn't give 100% anywhere or for anything, and that I'm not okay with.

I know that I will be busy, and tired, but honestly I haven't felt this good about life in a long time. In the past few months i've been able to pay off a good chunch of credit card debt and have slowly been building my supplies for when I move out in the summer. Now that I have some direction in life and there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and I feel at ease. I have a feeling that 2011 is going to be my year to finally turn things around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment